Conferences & Workshops Organized
State Level Workshop on Challenges and Opportunities in Promoting Health of the Urban Poor in Rajasthan,
April 28-29, 2011
- Advocacy Event for Convergence between Stakeholders to Promote Health of the Urban Poor in Rajasthan in Ajmer, August 5, 2011
- State level Workshop for Capacity Building of Municipal Representatives on Public-Private Partnership and Governance, Jodhpur, August 17-18, 2011
- State Level Workshop on GIRLS’ Birth Registration in Rajasthan: Role of Media Ensuring Rights to the Girl Child through Birth Registration in Rajasthan, August 20, 2011
- Three days workshop on Development of Research Proposal at IIHMR, Jaipur, October 10-12, 2011
- India Public Health Education Institutions Network (IndiaPHEIN) Annual Meeting, November 14-15, 2011
- State level workshop on Child Protection and Birth Registration, October 11, 2011
- Pradanya-National Conference on Governance in Health-care by 2020, November 26 & 27, 2011
- Special Lecture of Prof. Harvey Skinner on ”e-Health Mobile Technology: Integrating Healthcare and Prevention” 3rd November, 2011 at IIHMR, Jaipur
- Goonj - National Conference on Livelihood Challenges in a Globalizing India, January 16- 17, 2012
- IIHMR/OPPI National Conclave on ”Human Resource Management in Pharmaceutical Industry Challenges and Future Directions” at Grand Hyatt, Mumbai, February 24, 2012
Conferences/Seminars/Workshops Attended & Papers Presented
P.R. Sodani: WHO Laboratory Leadership and Management Training Program meeting at Lyon, Paris —May 10-15, 2011
L.P. Singh, Neetu Purohit and Vinod Kumar: Summer School at
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, USA; June 2011.
R.S. Goyal: Impact Evaluation 2011 Conference in Mexico; June
R.S. Goyal: Conference on Evaluation for Policy and Action
organized by the Srilanka Association (SELVA), Colombo, and acted as discussant
in the panel discussion on “Is Evaluation Serving the Development Process in
South Asia”; June 8-9, 2011.
Kapil Garg and Hem K. Bhargava: Conference on “Management
Education: The Road Ahead” at Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad; July
Monika Chaudhary: Resource Person in the three-day workshop on
Financial Econometric Modeling at Christ College, Bangalore; August 25-27, 2011.
Dalbir Singh: 33rd CMC of TCI Group on “Customer Service
through CORE” held at Marriott Hotel, Pune; August 12-15, 2011.
S.D. Gupta: Technical Review Meeting of Afghanistan Mortality
Survey 2010 at ICF Macro, 11785 Beltsville Drive, Calverton, MD 20705, USA;
August 18, 2011.
Barun Kanjilal: ISEQH 6th International Conference: Making
Policy a Health Equity Building Process at Cartagena, Colombia; September 26-28,
S.D. Gupta: Sixty-fourth Session of the WHO Regional Committee
for South-East Asia, Jaipur, Rajasthan; September 6-9, 2011.
Nand Kishore Sharma, Sunita Nigam and Laxman Swaroop Sharma:
Attended the national Convention on “Good Governance and National Development”
organized by Management Development Academy, Jaipur during September 9-10, 2011.
Santosh Kumar: Attended the ISQua’s 28th International
Conference in Hong Kong, China organized by International Society for Quality in
Health Care ltd (ISQua), Ireland; September 14-17, 2011.
Gautam Sadhu, Dalbir Singh, Ishita Bhatnagar, Swati Megha and Naveen
Sharma: Attended the workshop on “Industry-Institute Interface”
organized by the National HRD Network, Jaipur Chapter on September 24, 2011.
Prince Purohit, Ambey Shrivastava, Kanika Panwar, Dinesh Chandra, Gunjan Mishra,
Lalitha S. Vaderu, Shatabdi Bagchi, Shivani Singh, Soibam Nepolia, Shruti Tak
and Kalpa Sharma: Attended the Faculty Development Program on “Multivariate Data
Analysis using SPSS” organized by Jaipuria Institute of Management, Jaipur on
September 23-24, 2011.
P.R. Sodani : National Consultation on “Universal Access to Health
Care: Impediments and Solutions” New Delhi, October 12-13, 2011.
S.D. Gupta: Thirty-second session of the WHO South-East Asia
Advisory Committee on Health Research (WHO/SEA/ACHR), Chiang Mai, Thailand,
October 11-13 , 2011.
Nirmal Kumar Gurbani: National consultation on “Universal
Access to Health: Impediments and Solutions” Organized by Oxfam India, Prayas,
Sama, Public Health Foundation of India and Institute for Human Development, New
Delhi, October12-13, 2011.
Manasee Mishra: ’Qualitative Sampling in Social Science
Research in Health: Strengthening Evaluation Studies in Multicultural Settings’
at the 6th International Convention of the Qualitative Research Association of
Malaysia (QRAM), Malaysia, November 13-15 , 2011.
Vivek Lal: Attended Third International Conference for
Improving Use of Medicines (ICIUM 2011). Made oral presentation on
“Non-adherence to HAART: A cross-sectional two-site hospital-based study”,
Antalya, Turkey; November 14-18, 2011.
Makarand Upadhyaya: Attended a two-days National Seminar on
“Emerging Trends & Opportunities in Changing Business Environment”. Key speaker
at the technical session1 sustainable development in marketing in services
industry, December 2-3, 2011.
Manasee Mishra: ’Community Action’ in Health System Reforms in
India: Policy Articulation and Potential’. Paper accepted for poster
presentation at the conference on ’Health System Reform in Asia’ organized by
the journal Social Science and Medicine (Elsevier Press, UK) in collaboration
with University of Hong Kong, December 9-12, 2011.
S.D. Gupta and Dhirendra Kumar: 56th All India Annual
Conference of Indian Public Health Association, Kochi, February, 10-12, 2012.
S.D. Gupta : WHO Regional Conference of Parliamentarians on
Strengthening of National Public Health Systems for Emerging Health, Bangkok,
Thailand, March, 19-21, 2012.
Hem K. Bhargava: 1st World Summit on Accreditation, organized
by NBA held at Hotal Ashok, New Delhi, March 25-28, 2012